Student Equipment Agreement Form
BORROWER’S AGREEMENT: The borrower (student/parent named below) agrees to assume full responsibility for the safety, care, and maintenance of the laptop. While the laptop is in the borrower’s possession, the borrower agrees to abide by all BCS Policies.
The laptop is the property of the school district, and as such, is subject to monitoring and search of contents at any time. Please note that the laptop is equipped with location tracking. There is NO expectation of privacy in location, use, or data stored on the laptop. The device must be returned to the district immediately upon request, at the end of the year, or upon departure or termination from the District.
While the equipment is in my possession, I agree to the following:
1. I will take care of my laptop as identified in the Bartlett City Schools Laptop Procedures.
2. I will never leave the laptop unattended and understand that if found at school, I will be subject to discipline. If my laptop is damaged, lost, or stolen I will report it to the school immediately.
3. I understand the laptop is my responsibility and I will not loan it to other individuals.
4. I will know where the laptop is at all times.
5. I will bring a charged laptop to school daily and will protect it by only carrying it in the protective backpack or sleeve.
6. I will keep food and beverages away from my laptop since they may cause damage to the device.
7. I will not disassemble any part of my laptop or attempt any repairs.
8. I will use my laptop in ways that are responsible, appropriate, meet BCS expectations and are educational.
9. I will NOT place decorations (such as labels, stickers, markers, etc.) directly on the laptop. I will not deface the BCS laptop identifiers on my laptop. I will not write on the laptop for any reason.
10. I understand that my laptop is subject to inspection at any time, without notice and remains the property of the BCS District. I will provide the laptop passcode and any passwords to staff, immediately upon request.
11. I will follow the policies outlined in the laptop Procedures and Use of the Internet and Internet Safety Policy # 1021 while at school, as well as outside the school day.
12. I understand that I am subject to disciplinary action if inappropriate content is found on the device.
13. I will file a police report in the event of theft or vandalism.
14. I agree to return the District laptop, power cords, and any other accessories in good working condition.
Typed Name below indicate that I agree to the stipulations above and as outlined in the Laptop Responsible Use, Policy, Procedures, and Information Guide.