CTE Instructional Resources
Choose a career from the CTE program you are enrolled as your elective focus. Using the resources provided, research the career including:
- Title of Career
- What is the education path and qualifications necessary for this career?
- Education necessary for this job title
- Experience necessary for this job title
- List a sample job description for this career.
- What skills are needed for this career?
- Average Salary
- What is the current and future job outlook for this career?
- Mentorship is a bog component in education sustainability. Who could be a mentor to you and what other measures could you take to ensure a long, enjoyable and successful career?
- What are the entry-level positions and opportunities for professional advancements in this career
Please answer these questions. Questions with a * will use the resources and websites provide below.
In addition, each student will answer the questions below and share their self-assessment (of your career class) that includes:
- Why are you personally interested in this career?
- What personal skills and learning style do you have that indicate that you might be suited for this career choice?
- Describe what appeals to you about the career in education?
- What other aspects of yourself assessment have you considered?
|Jobs in the Region||Click on a Job in our Region|
|Occupational Job Outlook||Occupational Job Outlook Handbook|
|TN Department of Labor||TN Department of Labor Job Search|
|WorkKeys Test Guides||The ACT Workkeys is a workplace skills assessment taken by candidates who have applied for a position for which the employer requires the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC). This credential is received upon successful completion of the ACT Workkeys.|
|ACT||WorkKeys assessments vary in the kinds of skills they measure. Whether taking just one assessment or a series of them, targeted preparation helps individuals, educators, and test administrators know what to expect on test day. There are several ways to prepare and improve your scores.|