Bartlett City Schools Open Enrollment
January 18 - March 9, 2018
For the 2018-19 school year:
The following Bartlett City Schools will be CLOSED to all new transfer applications, including siblings:
- Altruria Elementary
- Bartlett High
- Bon Lin Elementary
The following Bartlett City Schools will be OPEN to new transfer applications for specified grade levels or returning students:
- Appling Middle – 6th grade only
- Bartlett Elementary – Kindergarten-3rd grades only
- Bartlett Ninth Grade Academy – Eligible to current BCS students only
- Ellendale Elementary – Kindergarten-3rd grades only
- Elmore Park Middle – 6th and 8th grades only
- Oak Elementary – Kindergarten and 5th grade only
The following Bartlett City Schools will be OPEN to new transfer applications for all grade levels:
- Bon Lin Middle
- Rivercrest Elementary
The open enrollment period for NEW transfer applications begins January 18, 2018 and ends March 9, 2018. If your student is currently on an exit grade transfer with Bartlett City Schools, you will receive a notice in January 2018 concerning your continued, approved transfer status.
Open Enrollment FAQs:
1. When and how do I apply for a transfer?
Applications will be available online and accepted January 18 through March 9, 2018. Applications may be mailed, emailed, or dropped off at the office of Student Services.
2. If I am a Bartlett resident, may I attend any Bartlett school that I choose?
Any Bartlett resident may apply to attend any school that is open to transfer applications as listed above during Open Enrollment.
3. If I do not live in Bartlett, may I still apply for a transfer to a Bartlett school?
Any non-resident may apply to attend any school that is open to transfer applications as listed above during Open Enrollment.
4. Is there a cost for non-residents to attend Bartlett City Schools?
There is no cost for a non-resident to attend if the family resides within Shelby County; however, there is a tuition cost of approximately $4,000 for any non-resident student who resides in Tennessee but outside Shelby County.
5. When will I know if my transfer application to attend Bartlett City Schools has been approved?
After all Open Enrollment applications are processed, a letter of approval or denial will be emailed to the email address listed on the application no later than Friday, April 6, 2018. For homeschool students and entering kindergarteners, a letter of approval or denial will not be sent until the student has been assessed by Bartlett City Schools.